Montreal, QC - Canada
React Job Details
Only local to Canada are eligible!!
Years of experience: 7 years of experience
We are a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Non-Financial Risk Technology:
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market-leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. We have many award-winning technology platforms that help to propel our Firms businesses to be the top in the market. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
Non-Financial Risk technology (NFRT) provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firm's resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior. Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on development experience in Java, Web Services, Spring Boot, Spring REST, SQL databased development, UI Frameworks and Technologies across all phases of the software development lifecycle and assisting Project Managers and Business Analysts in product delivery. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them. Translate high-level business requirements on multiple, complex requests into detailed functional, technical, and/or system specifications and designs.
Qualifications/ Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer and/or other similar relevant experience.
- 7+ Years of industry experience of hands-on JAVA Development
- Spring Boot, Spring REST, JSON, Multithreading, Docker, Kubernetes or other similar environments,
- Established technical knowledge in software development methodologies and implementation utilizing Java technology stack.
- Experience developing Single Page Web applications
- Experience writing Java unit tests with Junit
- Experience writing UI unit tests
- Strong experience with SQL Database development (queries and table design)
- Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-orientated environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions and different roles
- Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations/individuals gracefully
- Postgres RDBMS
- Apache Kafka or other pipelining/queuing system
- API Integration (Mulesoft/Apigee)
- Strong experience with source control tools and common IDEs like Git, and Eclipse.
- A strong understanding of Agile/Scrum and ability to deliver solutions using TDD, BDD
- Experience with Jenkins, CI, Sonar and any test automation tools like Cucumber or Selenium
- Knowledge of Autosys, Unix commands and scripting
- Knowledge of Financial Services