- Contribute to the design and implementation of video content management applications and services.
- Write well-constructed and easy to maintain code and robust tests utilizing best engineering practices
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of systems
- Take a rotating on-call shift to provide active and passive on call support Services consisting of such tasks as, but not limited to, the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years of software development experience and proficiency in Java, Python, or similar
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Fundamental understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases including ACID and CAP, horizontally distributed computing, eventual consistency, messaging queues, and search indexes.
- An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning a problem end-to-end A desire to relentlessly dive into problems and improve systems
- Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS)
- 5+ years of software development experience and proficiency in Python
- Frontend engineering experience integrating with backend services using React ( front end functionality not design work)
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed systems with operational observability
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment with regression, load and stress testing
Santa Monica, CA - United States of America
React Job Details
The Content Catalog team is seeking a talented Software Developer. This team is responsible for acquisition, management and distribution of content metadata to our partners. We deliver the highest quality content metadata to over a hundred million viewers. Some of the technologies that you will use will be AWS, containerized deployment with Docker and Kubernetes, frameworks such as Django and React, and best practices in software engineering. Side Note: Need someone strong with Python. This is mainly backend work but React experience is a huge plus! You must also have a passion for performance tuning and owning a problem from start to finish.