- Our teams share ownership of the design through to the delivery of the products.
- We prototype and experiment with new technologies and we use peer review to ensure the solution is maintainable.
- We support open source software development and our developers have created quite a few open source libraries. See: https://github.com/MailOnline/
- We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- We will support you and provide training when you want to change team or work on a different project. The wide variety of projects we have will allow you to advance your career within the company.
- You are passionate about technology and building great things
- You think independently and critically
- You take responsibility.
- You ask questions and can take advice
- You quickly absorb and apply new information
- You're a self-learner and keen to teach others
- You are pragmatic and prefer simple solutions
- You like solving interesting problems
You have an excellent knowledge and commercial experience using Node.js, React, Java, Clojure or Haskell.
- A public GitHub profile would really help us get a feel for what you're all about.
- Very competitive salary that is negotiable based on your experience.
- Other perks such as a free onsite gym, employee discounts and a highly subsidised restaurant.
- You'll be working in the heart of High St Kensington, that is great for shops, bars and restaurants, with Hyde Park where we often go for lunch just a stone's throw away.
- Great equipment, we won't scrimp on the tools you need to do your job.
- You'll have the opportunity to specialise in areas that appeal to you, or remain a generalist if that floats your boat.
- You will have access to training days, e-learning courses and conferences.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Contributory pension scheme after probation period.
- Season ticket loan.
- You'll be the part of an internationally recognised global brand – it will allow your CV to stand out to prospective employers.
- You will work on cutting edge web and mobile technologies in friendly multi- disciplinary agile teams using the latest open source tools.
- You will have a great social network, gain invaluable experience from the field of your choice, learn new skills and develop expert knowledge at one of the most exciting media companies in London.
London, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
As a Software Engineer at MailOnline, the world's largest newspaper website dailymail.co.uk, you will be a part of delivering our mission to inform, educate, entertain and inspire 230 million people from 200+ countries. You will contribute to the development and delivery of an in-house, cutting-edge news authoring and publishing web/mobile platform.
You will work in small cross-functional teams using a range of cutting edge tools and depending on your experience and what you like doing, we have a number of different platforms you could work on. Here are just a few:
Ad Tech Platform:
Here we deal with billions of events and terabytes of data in real-time analytics and bidding. To keep our lead in the industry our ad tech is a little different than other publishers, so our challenges demand more than off-the-shelf solutions.
In-house built CMS:
Front End platform:
Client-side behaviour and UI reaches massive amounts of users. You'll quickly see the value of your contribution out in the real world.
Continual evolvement of our in-house Node.js services (e.g. REST APIs, SSR, etc) to serve content to both our website and to our internal applications.
Some projects also include machine learning /big data built in Haskell.
How we work:
What are we looking for?
What experience do you have?
What's the package?
What are the opportunities we can offer?
So what are you waiting for? Apply now, impress us with your enthusiasm and technical knowledge and reinvigorate your career at MailOnline.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.