- Build and maintain various browser extensions that enable the Silo platform & products
- Collaborate with broader team to design pragmatic systems / solutions that balance long-term future-proofing with near-term delivery constraints
- Research and develop new web-based capabilities to enhance our platform and products
- Document, test and internally support all the functionality of builds
- Familiarity with Web Sockets, Web APIs, Browser extension APIs
- Comfort with Python (or alternative prototyping language) is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with development tools such as jira, git, bash, etc
- Creative problem solving to crack problems with no clear answer
- Willing and able to independently research and learn new technologies as needed
- Proven ability to flex between rapid prototyping and production-quality code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Collaborative attitude; able to work with Eng, QA, Ops and PM
- Strong understanding/experience with building modern browser extensions
- Deep knowledge of web browser architectures
- Background in cyber security
- Occasional travel to San Francisco or Washington, DC
- BS in Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
Toronto - Canada
React Job Details
We are a fast-growing remote-friendly cybersecurity company with multiple offices in the US including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The world’s most at-risk organizations rely on Authentic8 to completely eliminate the risk of using the web.We believe people should be able to go online without fear of exploit, surveillance or repercussion. And our mission is to make this a reality. Through integrity in our work, respect of others and commitment to this mission, we are building a business that enables access to the web with the peace of mind that everyone deserves. We are a rapidly growing company with more than 600 customers across the public and private sector. Established in 2010, Authentic8 continues to see new demand and use case opportunities for the cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform.
Key areas of responsibility:
Authentic8 Core Values & Principles:
Integrity: We apply our best efforts. We are honest with and accountable to others.
Mission-Focused: We clearly define and communicate our goals and do not stray in the pursuit of our objective.
Respect: We value and respect the ideas and experience our diverse backgrounds bring us. Positive consideration of differing viewpoints makes us stronger.
We are collaborative: We recognize the best work is the product of teams. We must each be reliable and expect to rely on others.
We are transparent: By operating with common information and understanding we ensure that we are aligned.
We find innovative solutions: We seek innovative solutions not as a buzzword but as a means to solve difficult problems with zeal, efficiency and quality.
We take ownership: We are responsible for our actions, our reputation and our business.
It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.