- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
- Experience of delivery within a banking or trading environment.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Creating applications and packages with Python 3
- Writing reliable unit and end-to-end tests with PyTest
- Experience working in fast-paced project delivery using AGILE methods
- Strong software development skills, knowledge of best practices (SOLID, CI/CD, MS DevOps pipelines etc.)
- MS Azure experience e.g. virtual networks, key vaults and storage, security
- MS SQL backend development experience
- Basic knowledge in numerical calculus, such as multi-dimensional function interpolation, numerical differentiation
- Web development with Python
- Hands on in ADF and Azure Databricks
- Knowledge of physical commodities trading markets and organizations (esp. LNG/gas/oil).
- Data Engineering experience blended along with core software engineering experience
- Experience of working directly with traders on trader models.
- Kubernetes containers
- Data manipulation with Pandas
- Python: Bokeh visualization, Tornado web framework, asyncio programming, Azure Python API
- Experience in developing API's in python using FastAPI
- Hashicorp Terraforms (azurerm)
- Kafka Confluent
- Conda package management
- ReactJS front end development experience
- Basic understanding of the WebSockets protocol
- Knowledge of the OAuth2 and web security
London, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
Global Energy Company
Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Required Skills and Experience
Desirable Skills and Experience