- Ability to work with multiple technologies. We have code in several languages ranging from GoLang, ReactJS, Node.JS and Java. Experience with all of these is not required as long as you love to learn and be challenged.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. You'll constantly be learning new technologies in different areas.
- Knowledge on developing and working with Web services, experience with back-end service oriented architecture, REST API and Microservice architecture.
- Experience with Cloud and Containers. Familiarity with building microservices on public clouds like AWS or GCP. Good Understanding of Microservices architecture. AWS + DevOps exposure ideal.
- Communication Skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate a problem and solution to both technical and non-technical audience
- Good understanding of the Atlassian suite tools (Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence)
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Jenkins is an asset
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes an asset
- Leadership, initiative, multi-tasking and strong team spirit
- It has been our experience that strong engineers can pick up almost any language and libraries with some time and support. We would love to hear from you if you have a grounding in open source technologies and/or functional programming who has an interest in fostering effective team communication.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners
North Sydney - Australia
React Job Details
Nine. Australia’s Media Company.
Underpinned by our people, our strategic focus is on content, connections and growth.
Driven by our purpose - Australia belongs here - and guided by our values - walk the talk, turn over every stone, keep it human - we are the home of Australia’s most loved content and trusted brands across News, Sport, and Entertainment.
We lead the total television market in Australia through our key brands of Channel 9, Gem, Go, Rush and Life, and of course you can consume all our content, live or on-demand, on Australia’s leading free streaming platform, 9Now. We also own Stan, the market leading local subscription streaming service.
Our total publishing business covers The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, to the breadth of nine.com.au and The Pedestrian Group.
In our total audio business we are building talk radio for the next generation across 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR.
Nine is also an active participant in Australian consumer marketplaces through our majority shareholding in Domain and our ownership of Drive.
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our North Sydney office for a solid Mid-Level Backend Software Engineer with a stronger core Java & GoLang backend programming focus on our Publishing Engineering platforms. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to work with multiple technologies as we have code in several languages ranging from GoLang, ReactJS , Node JS and Java. This role will give you the opportunity to work across your stronger back-end focus, utilizing Java Nodejs and Golang languages.
We pride ourselves on building highly scalable and resilient solutions that are consumed across by millions of users. We expect you to love solving problems, enjoy working collaboratively with other engineers, like to ship and support solutions that you design and build, and of course be curious about technology and love to learn and grow as an enthusiastic backend software engineer.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We invest heavily in the continuous development of our people, so you will need to be someone who is open to new ideas and is motivated by learning new things. You will also enjoy working collaboratively across the team and the organization, and be able to share creative ideas in a professional and constructive way.
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have-;
Don’t worry if you can’t tick every single one of these boxes, we would still like to hear from you. With a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and a growth mindset anything is possible at Nine!
Life at Nine.
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. Importantly, you'll receive the following:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.