(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Hiive is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join the product team to work on a Typescript React application utilising a GraphQL backend API.
Hiive is a fintech startup, backed by seasoned professionals with decades of experience in private equity and capital markets. The company is building a revolutionary product for buyers and sellers of shares in private pre-IPO companies and “Unicorns,” bringing a rational, beautiful and modern technological interface to a messy and traditional market.
As a Senior Frontend Developer at Hiive, you will be a hands-on contributor to the frontend app powering our platform. You will collaborate with the executive technical leaders and founding team to deliver new core features to our application. You will work closely with your colleagues to refactor and improve the codebase; create a beautiful, functional, and delightful user experience; and build an excellent and supportive engineering culture.
Remote, Canada — 3+ Years Experience
A great candidate would…
- Consider themselves highly capable at hands-on development of a mobile responsive user interface with React and Typescript from day one.
- Be well versed in all aspects of frontend development including styling, performance, responsiveness and in creating reusable components.
- Be comfortable working with a small team including directly with the founders on building a product and a company.
- Adapt well to a quickly moving environment.
- Substantial expertise building interfaces with React.
- Previous experience working in Typescript.
- Experience with component libraries (such as Chakra UI).
- Working with authenticated backend APIs.
- Translating design mockups (e.g. Figma) into implementation.
- Working closely with product designers on feedback for UI/UX changes.
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs and Apollo Client.
- Experience with Vercel and Next.js.
- Previous experience working in a fintech startup.
- Implementing backend API services, preferably with Elixir and Phoenix, or a desire to learn.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and contribution.
- Comprehensive 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, and a health spending account.
- Company-owned MacBook Pro and whatever components and other tools you need to do your best work.
- Option to work remotely from your home office, or in our HQ in the Mt. Pleasant neighbourhood of Vancouver, BC with a first-class view of the mountains.
- Opportunity to participate in ownership of a seed-stage startup through our employee stock option plan.
- Entrepreneurial culture, and small and dynamic team.
Job Type: Full-time