- Extensive experience with C# and the .NET tech stack
- Good understanding of OOP principles and coding design patterns
- Experience working with version control systems (GIT, SVN, Mercurial)
- We use GIT provided by Azure DevOps (previously VSTS/TFS)
- Must be comfortable working with REST API’s
- We are using ASP.NET Core
- Good appreciation and experience writing testable code with unit tests and working in a test-driven manner
- Experience developing with SQL or other RDBMS
- A curiosity for new technologies and techniques and actively keeping yourself up to date
- (some technologies we use at Optix include RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, GraphQL and FusionAuth)
- Experience working with WinForms
- Experience working with CSLA framework
- Experience working with multiple API’s and services
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced AGILE team with experience working in Sprints
- Experience developing NodeJS server-side applications
- Experience working with and developing GraphQL API’s
- Architecting enterprise applications
- Experience working with CI/CD tooling building deployment pipelines with Jenkins, VSTS, TFS, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy
- Experience with containers Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with dependency injection and IoC containers
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience working with message brokers (RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus)
- Remote working
- Learning and development opportunities
- A positive, collaborative working environment
- Quarterly socials
- Holidays starting at 25 days, increasing up to 30 days, 1 day for each year of service
- Vitality Health
- Life Assurance Policy
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Modern working facilities
- Pool/ Table Tennis available in the office
- On-site parking
- Pizza Thursdays on the last Thursday of the month
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
About the Role
We are currently starting the process of migrating our existing Windows Forms based client into the web. We need an experienced developer who has a firm grasp on .NET technologies to hit the ground running and help us migrate functionality into a microservice architecture. You will be working with product owners and our existing application developer. You will need to be able to understand our existing code and frameworks and have the skills to improve and migrated functionality into our new architecture.
Hours of work: Flexitime available, core hours of 10am – 3pm Monday – Friday must be worked, and you must work 37.5 hours per week.
Key Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have (by no means essential) :
In return, we will provide:
Optix is the leading provider of business management software for Opticians in the UK. Our goal is to fulfil all our customer’s technology needs and deliver great software that enables opticians to run profitable businesses and provide excellent clinical care.
This includes the management of clinical processes, sensitive patient data, and integrating with complex medical equipment: alongside delivering comprehensive marketing, stock management, business intelligence, and financial management features.
We are trusted by hundreds of Opticians across the country, from small independent practices to large multi-nationals. Our success has been built on word-of-mouth from our extremely satisfied client base: we employ no salespeople and focus solely on developing quality products that sell themselves.
We work in a collaborative team where everyone’s input is welcomed and encouraged. As a member of our development team, you will also be expected to contribute towards the improvement of our organisation by proactively driving improvements in architecture, design, process, tooling, and strategy.
We value and encourage continual personal development within our teams and love learning new tech and are always on the lookout for better ways of doing things. We also provide training opportunities to help you improve your skills.
1. A video or face-to-face interview (preferred) which will be a mix of competency and technical questioning
2. Depending on the role a technical test may be issued
Optix Software Ltd is committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work. We are committed to treating all colleagues equally regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. We are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£70,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote