- Creating Big Solutions - We are tackling interesting challenges and building software that is used by over twenty-thousand users per month, getting to shape features and have a say in the design of the software and how to make it better.
- We’re Just the Right Size Team - We aren’t a mega-corp, nor are we a small ‘cowboy’ shop. We are just the right size for individuals that want to make a big impact, and want stability but don’t want to be a number.
- An Enjoyable Work Life - Though we take our work seriously, we believe a balance between concrete and time-bound project goals and a relaxed working environment that allows time for iteration and mental ‘white space’ is most conducive to great work
- Being the primary architect of the user interface of all web applications, in collaboration with our UI/UX designer and Senior Full Stack Developers.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to launch AB/multivariate testing and integrate results in the CMS
- Collaborating with the customer facing and UI/UX teams to uncover areas of improvement
- Working with Marketing and Design on campaign related projects such as landing page designs and email marketing templates
- Meticulously developing ecommerce and landing pages for pixel perfect alignment to the prototype, cross-platform functionality, and page load time optimization
- A strong track record of success building modern web applications using the usual suspects (HTML, JS, CSS)
- Familiarity with CSS utility-class frameworks, specific experience with TailwindCSS an asset
- An understanding of accessibility standards, or a desire to learn
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way
- Experience as a user interface/web designer an asset, a person with this experience will have opportunity to do design work as well
- Experience with PHP an asset, but not required
Dundas - Canada
React Job Details
We are looking for a design-minded Front End Developer to take the lead on Front End projects in our lean and growing software development team.
In the next 12 months the successful candidate will be a key player in some big projects, including rebuilding our website to use a headless architecture, launching our first React Native based native apps, and building the next feature set for our health and safety management application "Qualify".
We are looking for a technical artist who is experienced with front-end web development and has a passion for balancing pixel perfection, cross-platform optimization and lightning fast load times. The Front End Developer at Worksite Safety will take on the role of specialist within our development team and be the point person for the implementation of new web application interfaces for browser and mobile, website and e-commerce front end, and working with the Marketing team on landing page design and AB/multivariate testing.
We are a no-ego, collaborative team who value iterative growth and enjoying the process of building great stuff together.
Why You'll Enjoy It Here*
The Tools You Need
Who We Are:
Worksite Safety is one of Canada’s leading providers of occupational health and safety services, and has been listed on the Growth 500 as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies for three consecutive years by Canadian Business and Maclean's.
We help workers stay safe, and we help employers make it happen. We believe that work life should be enjoyable, and that creating a safe workplace should be enjoyable too. We do that through providing our clients with excellence in advice and service, as well as delivering high-quality online, instructor-led training, and safety products.
Worksite Safety is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will make all reasonable accommodations needed to ensure fairness in the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
For a little more about us, please check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FpJSm9We4o
Building Together_ - We work collaboratively because we know that everyone has great ideas and unique perspectives build a better result. We are stronger when we are all-in as one team.
Growing Through Experimentation_ - We relentlessly pursue our vision by improving and expanding what we do, experimenting with new ideas, and valuing tests over assumptions.
Being Surprisingly Helpful_ - We look for ways to surprise and delight by going above and beyond to help others, even when we don't stand to gain anything from it.
Enjoying our Work Life_ - Because our lives are better when we enjoy our work, we build genuine, positive, and supportive relationships with each other and inject a little fun wherever we can.
Job Type: Full-time