- Crafting world-class high performance high availability web applications & interfaces
- Writing high quality TypeScript / ReactJS / Node.js / Styled Components
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads
- Cross skilling and training in DevOps, Golang and other areas of our stack
- Building the next generation news experience for a huge audience
- Previous commercial experience working with ReactJS or equivalent front-end frameworks (Ideally minimum 3 years)
- A self-starting, inquisitive nature
- A continuous improvement mindset
- A strong focus on quality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience building and deploying solutions on AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience building APIs using microservice architecture
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Nine. Australia’s Media Company.
Underpinned by our people, our strategic focus is on content, connections and growth. Driven by our purpose - Australia belongs here - and guided by our values - walk the talk, turn over every stone, keep it human - we are the home of Australia’s most loved content and trusted brands across News, Sport, and Entertainment.
We lead the total television market in Australia through our key brands of Channel 9, Gem, Go, Rush and Life, and of course you can consume all our content, live or on-demand, on Australia’s leading free streaming platform, 9Now. We also own Stan, the market leading local subscription streaming service.
Our total publishing business covers The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, to the breadth of nine.com.au and The Pedestrian Group. In our total audio business we are building talk radio for the next generation across 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR. Nine is also an active participant in Australian consumer marketplaces through our majority shareholding in Domain and our ownership of Drive.
The Nine Publishing Technology team build and maintain some of the most highly respected and visited websites and mobile apps in Australia, including The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, as well as their content management systems, services and middleware.
If you’re a Front end developer and looking for a high performance engineering environment and want to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company - apply for this role now!
What you will be doing:
What you will need:
Nice to have:
Above all else, we’re looking for people who have a strong positive learning attitude. If you fit the bill, but not quite all the skills, apply and include a cover page telling us why we should consider you. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.
Life at Nine
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. Importantly, you'll receive the following:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes