- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Collaborative, flexible, innovative workplace that values you and your career development
- Contribute to projects and carry out engineering tasks in developing collaborative (human and machine) intelligence to support human decision making in a number of different cyber security scenarios.
- Contribute to projects in developing robust AI techniques that can use behavioural human factors to strengthen cyber security understanding, application and adoption.
- Contribute to projects in developing invisible security mechanisms to support humans and machines working together.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, software testing and software lifecycles.
- Proficiency in a wide range of programming languages, including Python, Java, C/C++, Go or equivalent.
- Experience in back-end and front-end development, especially using Python, Django, node.js, Angular, ReactJS, VueJS or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and foster an environment in which there is a high level of cooperation within and between teams, as well as the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally.
- Demonstrated professional and respectful behavior and attitude in a collaborative environment.
Melbourne - Australia
React Job Details
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
The role of Research Scientist/Engineer staff is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO’s strategies. The Research Scientist/Engineer may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. The Research Scientist/Engineer will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
The Research Scientists will work closely with leading Research Scientists and Engineers within the Distributed Systems Security group. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
As part of the Human Centric Security team within the Distributed Systems Security Group, this role will contribute to realising the Data61 focus on AI and cyber security, as well as humans and machines. In particular, this role will build on the work already done to ensure effective collaboration between humans and machines/AI/robots to develop security solutions. There is growing acknowledgement that the best results follow when humans work collaboratively with machines, in both physical and digital worlds. Collaborative intelligence, or the symbiotic relationship between humans and machines working together, can help remediate the existing imbalance in digital adoption and advance the rate of digital transformation. This role will grow the team’s capacity in the development of AI-related technologies focused on leveraging human factors to strengthen cyber security and invisible security that can support seamless human-system integration.
Your duties will include:
Location: All major capital city in Australia considered
Salary: AU$105,806 - AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
24th December 2022, 11:00pm AEST