- Role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Join a team of 75+ technology professionals who are building the best way to buy gift cards globally.
- Grow your career by working on a world class globally distributed solution.
- Django, Python
- Typescript, ReactJS, NextJS
- Swift, Kotlin, Java, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM)
- Continuous Delivery & DevOps, GraphQL, Headless CMS, Docker, AWS, ECS, Serverless, DynamoDB, Step Functions, EventBridge, Terraform and Terragrunt
- A people-first leader
- A care for engineering excellence that matches your care for your team
- A passion for mentoring and coaching that enables and advocates for personal and professional success
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience crafting and building software using the latest delivery techniques
- A real passion for quality, maintainable code and continuous improvement
- A strong understanding of architectural concepts and cloud-based solution design
- Highly dedicated ethos - expected to take very real accountability for the work you're doing
- Demonstrable ability to motivate self and others, and a passion to mentor junior developers
- Experience working with technical and non-technical partners, with the capability to influence
- A test and learn mindset with curiosity, collaboration and care
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs
- There are generous benefits including pension, private medical healthcare, employee referral program and staff discounts
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back)
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe, with Modern Offices in London's West End for team and client meetings
- Prezzee Flex -genuine flexibility is our natural norm with our hybrid work environment. We also offer flexible hours, Culture Swap Days & 30 day work from anywhere\* opportunity
- Self led online learning to formal Leadership Development programs, as well as industry specific learning opportunities, and Lunch & Learn sessions.
- Company wide FIRE Hackathons where teams collaborate to spark with Formative Ideas, Research and Experiment in tech improvements, business opportunities and solutions for our customers.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
- Be an advocate or ally and create connection and belonging in our employee Resource Groups such as EmpowHer and Pride.
- Global Value Ambassador Program creating value inspired initiatives for our Prezzee People.
- Lifeworks Wellbeing platform to support your mental, social, financial and physical wellbeing.
Sydney - Australia
React Job Details
Prezzee is undergoing tremendous growth and we require a Technical Lead to join our team. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead your own team of Engineers in which you will have all the right tools and clear requirements let you and your team get your best work done. You'll be leading a collaborative agile development team and help ensure best practice software engineering techniques are applied at all stages of the lifecycle. You will be responsible for ownership of projects, designing and building quality code, managing CI/CD pipelines and production releases, addressing technical and design requirements, developing your team members & more.
Some of the technologies and patterns we're working on across our teams:
What are we looking for?
The Prezzee Story
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 800+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with a 300+ team and operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Oh, and if you're wondering about our culture?
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it's our people and culture that set us apart, and we're equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2022 Great Place to Work®.
At Prezzee, every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee's journey. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you're signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn
Prezzee is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is the key to building the best products for our customers, team culture and growing our global business. Our diversity mission is for our people to be their most authentic selves, to inspire, innovate and celebrate within a culture of belonging. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We are looking for people to help create human connections, make magic and shape the future of gifting so even if you don't think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you!
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application and recruitment process, We also encourage you to let us know of pronouns at any point of the process.
Job Type: Full-time