- Build Appen’s client facing tools, including self-serving APIs, dashboards, reports.
- Create prototypes, MVP and production software.
- Technical input for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
- Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Work with manager, engineers, product management and operation team to design and implement application features.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes.
- Support product in a production environment on AWS
- 5+ years’ experience with React/Redux development.
- 3+ years’ experience developing commercial web applications.
- 1+ year experience with working with Node.js platform.
- Familiarity with monitoring and debugging tools for web applications.
- Proficiency with command line and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Experience with Git, Docker, Jira, Confluence.
- Experience or interest in learning and using Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework is a plus.
- Assertive "get things done" attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Senior Front-End Engineer
As a member of our UX team you will be building annotation tools marking up text, audio, images, video and other data types for use in creating machine learning models. You will provide the amazing experiences for the users, fixing bugs as necessary and constantly working on improving the quality of our codebase
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.