- Working with your team to embed great testing at all levels
- Identifying quality assurance gaps and addressing them
- Researching and introducing testing tools, processes and practices
- Writing and maintaining automated test suites
- Find opportunities to adopt a more effective testing approach
- Mentor and train your team on good testing
- Building knowledge in the company; share yours and absorb others’
- Experience leading testing practices in a cross-functional team
- Used a breadth of tools and frameworks to support testing approaches
- Strong Test Automation skillset
- Demonstrable relevant commercial experience
- Experience with an OO language, Python or ReactJS
- Desirable - experience in an agile working environment or cross functional team
- Desirable - experience working with practices such as ATDD, BDD, CI/CD
- Submit your application with your CV, showcasing your skills and experience against the skills listed in the job advert. There will be a couple of questions on elements that are important to the role.
- A short 20-minute phone screen with our HR partner. We will tell you more about our role, the team and business, and allow us to learn more about you, why you applied, and what you can bring to Vaarst. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- CCAT Assessment – The Cognitive Criteria Aptitude test will include questions on verbal, numerical and spatial reasoning.
- A 1.5-hour interview with a couple of members of our team. This part of the process allows you to get a real feel for the work the team is doing and allows us to learn more about your skillsets. In the interview, we will talk about your previous experience in quality and testing. We’ll ask some questions around technologies we use, key skills for the role, and what we look for in a team member. Again, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- A 30-minute follow-up with our Software Engineering Manager and CTO to check in with you and get your thoughts on whether the role is for you, answer any of your questions that may have come up throughout the process, and clarify expectations
- Offer! If you are successful in the process, we will follow up with an offer for the role.
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Generous pension scheme
- Progressive and generous parental leave benefits
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Bristol, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
Location: Bristol, Uk - Hybrid Role (2 days per week in office)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Up to £55,000 dependent on skills and experience
We are Vaarst, a technology company building cutting edge products to solve real-world problems, using techniques in artificial intelligence, autonomy, and computer vision.
We have a core focus on helping the world become a cleaner, greener, and safer place. We seek to deploy technology for good.
We believe in putting innovation to work and creating a difference in the world with boundary-pushing underwater technology for our clients in offshore wind and the subsea industry. Take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2!
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace. Hours are flexible around core 11am-3pm hours. Our approach is hybrid-remote with 2 days a week in our state-of-the-art Bristol Office Hub, designed with creativity, productivity, and wellness in mind. We understand everyone is different and we’ve designed policies to support our whole workforce in establishing a great work-life balance. We support and encourage applicants of all genders and backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Quality Engineer to join our team in Bristol.
This role will be working within our cross-functional Production Engineering team at Vaarst to build our testing capability around our products. You will be looking at software testing practices, processes, tooling and frameworks, identifying areas for improvement, and using your knowledge and experience to implement those improvements to testing in your team. You will also work within your team, executing on testing activities on a day-to-day basis; helping the team to move forward with both their workload and testing quality and maturity.
You will build testing into the development process and continuously improve the approach, supporting industry practices and building quality into our products throughout the process. You will be the subject matter expert for all levels of testing from unit level through to functional, UI and holistic system testing.
We work in an exciting and dynamic environment where every day is likely to be a little different but here are some of the main responsibilities you will have in the role:
About you & what you will bring
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Senior Product Quality Engineer who has what it takes to make a real impact in this role. If you have experience in any of the following, we want to hear from you:
We have a simple process we take all our candidates through to help ensure you are the right person for us and that Vaarst is the right company for you.
We have adopted anonymised recruitment. This means that your name, date of birth and other personal details will not be seen by the sift panel.
Vaarst is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.
So, you think you might want to join Vaarst? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Vaarst because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills.
We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include:
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification/ skill. At Vaarst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every skill in the job advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Vaarst is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Other companies call this role: Senior Test Engineer, Senior Automated Tester, Senior Test Automation Engineer, Senior QA Engineer, Senior Tester, Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior Software Test Engineer