Can work with the team to decide the best tools for the job at hand. Sometimes it’s Clojure running in a Kubernetes cluster, and sometimes it’s a small piece of JS running on AWS Lambda.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase. No ivory tower architects here.
- Are willing to take an active part in shaping the new Lisbon community of the strongest developers.
- Have a high level of technical confidence and 4+ years of experience.
The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health insurance
- Compensation of any development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Travel expenses
- Work trips between EU offices
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
- Company shares
Lisbon - Portugal
React Job Details
Excited about solving human problems with first-class technologies?
At Reaktor, we help future-thinking companies (adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, FC Liverpool, and others) succeed in technology. Our Nordic culture defines our key principle: offering exceptional technological competence while deeply caring about the wellbeing of our team-mates. We are known for our human approach, have a 5-star Glassdoor rating, and launched a satellite running Node.js in low Earth orbit.
Our Lisbon office is looking for a Software Engineer who will become the cornerstone of our new global technology hub of the brightest minds. When you are a Reaktorian, you will be solving juicy digital challenges, sharing expertise, working closely with Reaktor communities in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Helsinki, and connecting with colleagues and clients from all over the world.
If you’re not based in Lisbon, no worries. What’s important is that you’d be willing to come join us. To make sure we’re a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
What about tech?
We know that good developers can create great things in any language. For that reason, we see ourselves as technology agnostic and don’t have specific tech requirements. Things we get excited about include: functional programming, Clojure, TypeScript, React, Swift, Kotlin, Postgres and Kanban. We would love to hear about your favorite technologies and see your interest in trying out the others as well.
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe. But what really makes us different is our Nordic culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours; high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.