You will design, architect, build, and maintain complex systems;
You will strive to see the big picture and collaborate with the team to connect the dots;
You will proactively suggest improvements, ideas, and solutions and offer help;
You will be a present voice during product and technical discussions;
You will bring your opinion to the table and be respectful to others while engaging in productive discussions;
You will work multiple stacks and also with other languages other than PHP when necessary.
PHP, Symfony, Doctrine, PHPUnit, PHPStan, Deptrac, Psalm, PHP-CS-Fixer;
MySQL, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis;
ReactJS, NextJS, ExpressJS, Apollo Client, CSS-in-JS, Webpack;
Ports and Adapters, SOLID, Event Sourcing, CQRS;
Docker, Kubernetes, HELM, AWS Lambda.
You have worked building software for 6+ years;
You have taken ownership of large projects from idea to completion and then maintained and matured the system;
You have experience in and an understanding of improving the performance of code and systems you create;
You have a good knowledge of modern programming tools, practices, and techniques like the ones we use (see above);
You have experience working as part of a cross-functional team;
You're not afraid to ask for help and have a growth mindset;
You relate to our company's core values;
You have excellent English oral and written communication skills;
Despite years of experience, you understand you have much to learn.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- We put integrity first. We are clear and open about our intent and actions, and we honour our commitments.
- We are inclusive. Everyone is different and these differences make us stronger together. Everyone belongs here.
- We are all stewards. We give our best effort and consider the interests of the entire company.
- We follow the evidence. We are evidence-based and pragmatic in our decision-making.
- We never stop learning. We are open minded and curious and we learn from our successes as well as our failures.
- We win as a team. We collaborate with and earn trust from our colleagues by supporting one another and communicating openly.
- You can make an Impact. Joining Instapro Group is an opportunity to help crack the code in one of the last big industries to become digital-first. We’re leaders in our markets, yet small enough for everyone to make a real difference.
- We care. We don’t believe in one size fits all. Whether it’s flexibility in your working hours, your location, or opportunities to advance and grow, you’ll find the space to be your best self.
London, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
We're looking for a PHP engineer who sees the language as a mere means to an end: deliver value to customers and businesses.
Your role includes the following:
If this resonates with you, we'd love to meet you!
The Innovation team
We aim to discover problems and advance new ideas and ways to improve the home services industry in different aspects: product, service, profitability, experience, etc. Doing that involves a lot of experimentation, creativity, risk-taking, and embracing uncertainty.
We're a cross-functional team of people with different disciplines: Tech, Product, UX, Research, Content, and Data. A group of agile coaches supports us whenever we need them.
Software development at the Innovation team
We believe that our ways of working enable us to get the right things done at the right time. With that premise, we produce high-quality, working, and tested code that keeps us happy and productive. We practice DDD, CI, and CD, and our development process is rooted in the Agile, Kanban, and Lean principles.
We have different codebases in GitHub and GitLab and strive to keep the technology stack as updated and stable as possible. In our technology stack, you will find:
Working at the Instapro Group
The Instapro Group is the technology company powering Europe's leading home services marketplaces. Our mission is to help tradespeople get the work they want and homeowners hire the tradespeople they need. As the European arm of US market leader Angi Inc, we operate in France, the UK, Germany, Austria, Italy, and The Netherlands. We are looking for passionate, inquisitive minds to help us grow.
These are the benefits you'll enjoy:
These are the values that guide everything we do:
Why you’ll enjoy working at the Instapro Group…
Interested in applying? Submit your application below and we will get back to you.