- Adding new and updating existing capabilities of our existing NodeJS based authentication services
- Implementing new and updating existing React based user interfaces for configuring the authentication system
- Ensuring components are responsive, robust, and performant.
- Creating new automated tests
- Working with UX and other applications developers to brainstorm new patterns and methodologies for solving usability needs
- Experience writing NodeJS web services, leveraging modules such as Express or Koa.
- Familiar with simple databases and leveraging them from NodeJS
- Experience using ReactJS for creating web applications
- Proficient writing efficient and robust HTML5 / ES6 / CSS
- Building user interfaces to align with provided designs and patterns
- Experience implementing responsive styling for a variety of form factors
- Understanding of using web application build tools (for example, webpack, babel, npm)
- Familiar with source control, work management systems (for example, Jira), and creating functional documentation
- Comfortable using Ubuntu and shell terminals
- Familiar with existing authentication libraries and protocols and how they are used
- Experience with git and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Writing mobile based applications with touch interfaces
Kitchener - Canada
React Job Details
Position: Web Applications Developer Co-op
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Duration: Winter 2023
Student Level: Junior / Intermediate
Education: Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit https://ottomotors.com
About the Job:
The OTTO Motors branch of Clearpath is looking for a software developer/engineering co-op to join the Fleet Application team.
In Fleet Applications, we are responsible for the design, development, and support of software applications that allow our users to interact with, monitor and support their fleets of OTTO Autonomous Vehicles. This involves participation in the entire product workflow, from customer insight gathering, problem definition, solution proposals, application design, development, and support.
For this role, we are seeking an individual to help us extend and harden our NodeJS based authentication system that is used to manage user access to our robot fleet management system. You would be working closely with our UX specialists, Fleet test team and application developers to implement robust and maintainable web services and user interfaces that allow configuring and interacting with the authentication system .
Your primary responsibilities will include:
You see the potential in intelligent robotics to change the world, and you want a career where you’ll get to make this happen personally. You want to work for a technology company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You like being the go-to person for technical questions. You are motivated by creating solutions for users that they find delight in using, and find pride and joy in building interfaces that are polished, flexible and easy to use.
Skills and experience:
Bonus Points For:
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.
Job Types: Internship, Apprenticeship