- Discussing and translating technical issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across the business.
- Play a key role in the design, development and commercialization of software aimed at disrupting the pet ecosystem
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Communicating progress, updates, risks with the rest of the team
- Contributing to the documentation / knowledge base, using relevant tooling
- Ensure that every application undergoes testing for usability, robustness, and general reliability
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams (Designers, Engineers, Architects) within a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful APIs, working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XML
- Experience working within the Agile/DevOps framework and support CI/CD and containerization tooling (e.g. Azure pipelines, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Highly organized, strong work ethic, self-starter, and commitment to achieving wins as a team
- Experience working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) and database technology (e.g. MS SQL,PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Front End Web Developer - 12 month FTC Maternity Cover - October 2022 Start
We also have big ambitions for continued growth and innovation and are looking for a a self starter who is able to translate business requirements and customer journeys in technical features through high quality code. Reporting to the Head of Change, we are now looking for a ReactJS Developer who will be engaged in multiple software engineering projects of varying sizes using modern technology to help create cutting-edge software applications and products for us! With a strong emphasis on hands on coding and development.
What you will be doing;
Our ideal candidate may have the following skills;
Pinnacle Pet UK is a Top 5 UK Pet insurer with a clear ambition to be the leading Pet healthcare and insurance services partner in the UK.
We are part of the Pinnacle Pet Group (PPG) – a pan European fully integrated pet insurance and health services platform which was set up as a joint venture between JAB Holding Company and BNP Paribas Cardif. PPG’s ambition is to create the leading pet insurance and health services platform globally.
Over the last two years, through the success of our partnership strategy, which includes Sainsbury’s Bank, PDSA and Post Office, we’ve doubled the size of our business. We have ambitious growth plans through UK and European partnerships, and own brand and a clear vision for the development of our customer and partner proposition.
Not only do we have big ambitions for innovation, customer experience and growth, we also pride ourselves on being a great place to work. We know not everyone works best confined to the four walls of the office, which is why we embrace hybrid working. Our teams come together to collaborate in the office when needed, but we also have the space and the freedom to work from home. We believe people should have the best of both worlds to foster creativity, social connections, shared learning autonomy and productivity. It helps support a good work-life balance, and it’s the way we want to be.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to eliminating discrimination in the workplace and to promoting equal opportunities for all staff.
We are proud of our diversity, which is one of our core strengths. We want all of our people to thrive in an environment where bringing a different perspective is welcomed. We reflect the broad diversity of the customers we serve and we embrace an inclusive working environment.
If you want to work as part of a team, building and delivering something exceptional which will make a difference to pet owners and their pets and if you want to have fun in the process, we would love to hear from you.