- Starting the day with a stand-up, you'll hear the goings on in the wider team, who needs help and asking for help should you need it - our clients are often present at stand-ups giving direct access to answers.
- Get stuck in with the latest technology: Microsoft .Net 6, ReactJS, Umbraco CMS, Optimizely Episerver, Microsoft Azure, AWS - we have experts across them all with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
- Our developers work closely with their team and peers, especially with our testers and QA.
- Help define your work in planning sessions with clients and Business Analysts.
- Work closely with their team to develop and deliver software projects that will make a positive difference to people's lives.
- Produce quality code to be peer-reviewed by our technical leads for continual learning and improvement.
- Actively contribute towards continual change and improvement in an agile delivery process.
- Have an inquisitive mind towards learning new technology.
- Bring new ideas and ask all the questions we haven't thought of before!
- Thrive in a super friendly atmosphere.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Preferably commercial experience in software development using the Microsoft stack of products - C#, .Net 6, SQL, etc.
- 5+ years residency in the UK (we work on a lot of Security Clearance required projects - SC clearance will be given as part of the role).
- Any experience of CMS an advantage, especially Optimizely Episerver and/or Umbraco CMS.
- Knowledge of SDLC and its different stages.
- Knowledge of cloud computing such as Azure or AWS a big plus.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and approaches.
- And most important of all a great team player.
- Fantastic learning, training, and growth opportunities
- Attractive base salary
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Company pension and life assurance scheme
- Medicash health plan – online GP access, support services & discounted gym membership
- Complimentary fruit, coffee, tea, and Friday drinks at the office
- Wellbeing events/services in Leeds office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season pass loan for rail & bus travel
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- A business focused on professional development and personal growth opportunities
- Smart, engaged co-workers and a culture of inclusion, innovation, and opportunity
- Digitally transforming the ability to report crime online for UK police forces.
- Building a new digital platform for the regulator Social Work England.
- Providing behavioural analysis and insight to drive EE's evolving digital and customer service offering and delivering marketing and operational print management services to the Ministry of Defence
Leeds, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
About the CDS Technology team
We create and develop software that makes a difference to people’s lives. We work on projects that fit with the CDS core values of making a positive difference, and we feel good about our work.
Our hybrid working model is centred around a team delivery approach; meaning our people come first. Supporting each other to balance work and life is core to our success, so if it works for you and for the team we have a winning formula. We measure our successes by what we achieve in our working week, over when the work is done. Plus, with limited client site visits we really have adopted a flexible approach to project delivery which works for everyone.
About the role
We’re looking for an inquisitive Junior Software Developer to join our Digital team. You'll be working on a range of projects using a true agile approach to delivery, helping us make a positive difference to many lives across the UK.
Your day-to-day as a Junior Software Developer at CDS...
Our Junior Software Developers are key to our software delivery capability. We’re looking for someone who can:
Due to the nature of our work and the clients that we work with, you will need to either already hold SC clearance and maintain it, or happy to undergo government security vetting to obtain it.
In return we offer
CDS is an agency that enables strategic change in organisations. We help clients create, develop and deliver better services to meet the evolving needs of customers, employees and citizens.
Our experts specialise in technical enablement, operational transformation, experience transformation and business process outsourcing. We improve outcomes by resolving complex insight, digital, data, technology and print challenges.
Consequently, many of the largest, most complex organisations trust CDS to provide solutions that improve health, wealth and safety in the UK. For example:
Our clients include National Rail Enquiries, the Cabinet Office, Bank of England, Open University and Insight Investments. We also work with global brands, including Coca Cola, McDonald’s and Microsoft.
Together with our parent company, Bailie Group, CDS is positioned as a leader in enabling change. We are a multi-award-winning agency recognised by the industries we serve and our peers for our innovations and contributions that truly make a positive difference.
Our Inclusive Culture
CDS positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.