You’ll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable, and reliable service
- Be part of a new community of engineers within Capgemini Invent. You will be able to work together as community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- Take personal responsibility for components’ technical delivery – collaborating with other senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions
- Continually improve our teams’ development processes, practices, tools, and techniques
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues as you coach them and mentor them, helping the team to grow their skills, as well as developing your own skills by experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Encourage innovation, inclusion, teamwork, self-organisation, and diversity
- Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open-source projects and initiatives.
- Java using Spring Boot (or similar framework) to build microservices
- Use Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development
- Use version control software - Git
- Online version control tools - GitHub, GitLab etc
- Use CI/CD to verify and validate code
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, always holding the appropriate level of conversation
- Containerisation such as Docker
- NoSQL database (familiarity with MongoDB is preferred)
- Cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda, SQS and SNS (or similar in GCP or Azure)
- Frontend development experience - NodeJS, ReactJS, Nujucks, ExpressJS, HTML and CSS
You’ll gain exposure to high-profile transformations and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies.
- Our consultants are formally trained by industry experts in consulting and client delivery. Consultants have access to a vast array for different training and certifications in a variety of areas: cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), programming (Java, Kotlin, NodeJS, Spring Boot), DevOps (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker), Cybersecurity (CISSP, CISM) and Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework). Capgemini Invent offers you the flexibility to develop various areas of knowledge in technical domains aligned both to your interests and our client’s outcomes.
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities that will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- Normally (outside of COVID restrictions) there are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new (We are constantly monitoring the Government’s advice on COVID, and run events in line with that, often virtually now).
Glasgow, Scotland - United Kingdom
React Job Details
At Capgemini Invent, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion
Our brand promise “Get The Future You Want” reflects our passion for people and technology and highlights the company’s commitment to inclusion and sustainability.
An important aspect of ‘Get the Future You Want’ is to balance hybrid ways of working between your Capgemini office, home, and client location (where applicable). We recognise that it is an imperative to create flexibility so you can enjoy an optimal work-life balance and feel empowered to achieve success. When you come onboard, or before, please discuss this with your manager so you can agree the best ways of working for your role, team, and client.
Get The Future You Want
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
Why this role?
To be part of this team, you will have a mixture of the following:
An overview of the role:
Our software engineers are responsible for creating the visions of our clients and driving better business outcomes. They are tasked with building cutting-edge digital solutions for our clients, combining a clear understanding of business value and a consultative approach to make the difference. They will be able to work on a vast variety of projects and get exposure to a variety of technology such as (but not exhaustively) NodeJS, Java, Kotlin, Spring boot framework, RESTful microservices, NoSQL databases.
Our software engineers sit within Digital Factory, part of the Business Technology practice in Capgemini Invent. Capgemini Invent lead digital transformation projects across Capgemini. We are a new and dynamic community that values innovation, professional development, and the ability to make a real difference for our clients. We work in diverse multi-disciplinary teams, hand-in-glove with our clients.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why us ?
Capgemini Invent offers engineers a culture of learning, ownership, and focus on value.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another - collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/