- Sit directly with the trading teams to build and support market-focused analytical tools
- Independent analysis of both business and user requirements, and translating them into seamless UI/UX experiences
- Implementation of clean, well-documented, tested, and extensible code to satisfy those requirements
- Turning user feedback into actionable design improvements and bug fixes
- Suggesting innovative and reliable technical solutions to the business
- Co-operation with MIS Team in London & Geneva on priorities and key projects
Relevant university degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Passion for UI/UX design, experience in designing front end applications
- Full Stack development experience (TypeScript, ReactJS, C#, Python)
- Interest in Oil Markets
- Knowledge of Excel/VBA would be an advantage
- Database knowledge (Redis, Oracle, MongoDB) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Python or similar backend language would be an advantage
- Oil Market knowledge would be an advantage
Results oriented and demonstrably commercial
- Incisive and accurate judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure
- Creativity and problem solving
- Central location close to Victoria Station
- Potential for travel to our Singapore, Houston and Geneva offices
- Modern well-equipped gym
- 1 day WFH a week.
London, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
As a member of our Management Information Systems Group (MIS), you will sit on our Crude oil trading desk and work closely with the largest business at Vitol; you will create new analytical tools and support existing applications. You will identify users’ needs, translate them into new solutions and aim to tackle existing technological inefficiencies. The role will offer you an opportunity to impact the commercial decisions, and the business itself, far more than a traditional developer role. You will be involved in transforming the way analytics are performed at the firm.
What We Offer