- COVID-19 Work-from-Home safety response
- Annual Wellness Subsidy includes a Headspace Account
- Loyalty Days and Anniversary Air Miles
- Recognized as Canada’s Top Employer
- Extensive Learning and Development Tools and Programs
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Summer Hours Program
- AIR MILES Gold® Collector
- Group RRSPs & Company match
- Wellness Resources including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- Responsible for the design and development of complex software solutions components
- You will be involved in enhancing our responsive web app, solving interesting problems along the way - real-time content updates, offline content, UI and architecture scaling for performance.
- Develop moderate complexity to highly complex software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards
- Responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of web and mobile e-commerce solution components and modules
- Follow established SDLC processes as well as enterprise policies and guidelines for software development
- Comfortable with CSS preprocessor (e.g. Sass)
- Ability to write modular, clean, robust code
- Good technical foundation with the ability to learn fast
- Comfortable with Git for source control
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with test driven development and testing tools
- Experience with modern tooling systems such as Webpack
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing codebases
- Bonus if you know: CMS, AWS, AEM, Java Spring, CI/CD knowledge
Toronto - Canada
React Job Details
The AIR MILES Rewards Program has earned the trust and support of more than two-thirds of Canadian households. For over two decades, we have helped our Partners use Canada’s most widely accepted loyalty currency, AIR MILES® reward miles, to influence customer behavior, drive profitability, and build long-term relationships.
Benefits and Perks at AIR MILES:
There’s a reason we’re recognized as one of the best places to work year after year, we give you more than a place to work, we give you a place to grow your career. That’s what sets us apart. Our Associate values are the foundation of who we are as a company and how we will embrace the opportunities in front of us: We Find Strength in Our Differences, We Deliver Work that We’re Proud Of, We Own Our Successes and Our Misses, We Make Brave Informed Choices, We Know How to Have Fun, We Stay Humble!
What Will You Work On?
As a Senior Engineer you will provide the subject matter expertise for solutions and applications required for component planning and delivery. Recommending the best options for product objectives using knowledge of trends, best practices and leading-edge techniques. It will be your responsibility to design, implement, unit test, and integrate different demanding components and work closely with architects, SQA, and product support to ensure successful design, development, and seamless implementation to production.
How Will You Create Impact?
Let’s Talk About You:
AIR MILES is for everyone. We are committed to embedding inclusion in the way we work and the services we offer. We believe that inclusion is not only a strength but a competitive advantage for AIR MILES and we focus on building a culture of inclusion that enables us to perform, innovate and be ourselves.
In your application, please feel free to advise if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process. We welcome you to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc). Please know interviews are currently being conducted remotely, via phone or video call. We look forward to ‘virtually’ meeting you!
Meet our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
AIR MILES is home to many Employee Resource Groups that represent different identities and interests of our Associates. Learn more about them below.
Pride at AIR MILES (PAL): PAL (Pride at LoyaltyOne) is focused on promoting diversity through a safe and inclusive working environment for all Associates, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI): The Women’s Leadership Initiative, is a grassroots initiative at AIR MILES. Our mission is to champion the growth and empowerment of women at AIR MILES.
The Sustainables: This is an employee resource group dedicated to empowering Associates to make a difference in their own lives around the environment and climate change action.
Black AIR MILES Associate Alliance (BAMAA): The Black AIR MILES Associate Alliance (BAMAA) is dedicated to helping drive change and celebrate Black culture here at AIR MILES. Their mission: to be a collective resource for Black Associates and their allies at AIR MILES to empower proactively, support, advocate, build community and share learnings.
Toastmasters: Toastmasters International teaches communication and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs.
Check us out – AIR MILES, a LoyaltyOne Company onLinkedIn|Facebook|
Instagram LoyaltyOne Culture|
Instagram AIR MILES