- Technologically savvy, always meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality?
- Capable of working within established systems, standards and procedures?
- Able to identify technical problems and develop sound, carefully thought-out solutions?
- A firm, factual communicator, able to complete quick decisions in response to changing conditions?
- Post secondary school degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- 3+ year front end frameworks such as ReactJS, VueJS.
- 3+ years with back end technologies: MySQL, PHP and Laravel
- Experience with building web applications.
- Knowledge in server administration skills (Apache, Nginx, MySQL on Linux environment like Ubuntu or Debian)
- Knowledge in developing unit and integration tests for various projects using frameworks such as PhpUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc..
- Experience with a cloud service such as AWS.
- Understand basic workflow and features of A/B tools like Optimizely, VWO, Adobe Target, Google Optimize, etc..
- Basic knowledge of tracking and analytics services such as GA, GTM, Hotjar, FullStory, etc…
- Understand how to use internal project management such as JIRA, Asana, gSuite
Support Conversion’s A/B testing projects by developing across the entire client web stack from front-end to back-end services.
- Provide client & server side development services across multiple projects
- Conduct final reviews to ensure experiments design are being followed and follow coding standard and practices
- Experience in a server side programming language such as Ruby on Rails, Node/Express, PHP/Laravel, any MVC web frameworks, etc...
- Build and support internal project management for the Development Team, including maintaining CLI, template code, library, etc..
- Experience with API implementation
- Experience with GIT version control
- Working with a team (Strategy and Digital Projects) to provide technical input and support.
- Support Delivery Team in weekly call to answer any technical issue from clients as needed
- Assist Manager of Web Development to oversee all ongoing development projects and manage Jira, as needed.
- Hybrid work environment + a home office allowance
- Flex-Fridays! Friday is your uninterrupted day to wrap up the work week or sign off early
- 3 weeks of paid time off to start, plus a winter holiday office closure.
- Work from anywhere in the world up to 20 business days or 4 weeks per year! We want you to build a life and a career at the same time.
- Wellness time, health + dental coverage, health spending account, and wellness spending account so that you can prioritize YOU.
- Dog friendly office, because our furry friends are part of the team too.
- Office gym membership
- Reward + recognition programs to recognize your team (and be recognized) for all that we do
Vancouver - Canada
React Job Details
Welcome to Conversion!
Conversion (previously known as Widerfunnel) is an organization that intends to prove that evidence-based decisions get the best results. Our people are our engine to achieve this, and we believe our unique culture is the fuel. Our culture is built on a shared set of values, behaviours, practices, attitudes and goals that characterize us. Our values - GRIT, REAL, MAVERICK, CURIOSITY and INTEGRITY - are at the core of everything we do. Here you get to work with super talented, passionate people who will challenge you to do your very best everyday.
We’re a team that is all pulling in the same direction and we support each other fully without ego or drama.. We’re interested in collective success and we are committed to doing what’s best for our clients and each other. We’re proud to be an inclusive company that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work. We dare to challenge old ideas and we work towards shared goals that make an impact. We are committed to continuous improvement in all that we do and we persevere through any obstacle. If you love challenges, are ready to get your hands dirty, dig in, fail, succeed, learn, and own your role- then keep reading and apply below!
As a developer with solid, problem solving, pixel-perfect skills, you will be responsible for supporting our clients’ experimentation activities by building test variations, and providing split testing and web analytics technical implementation with the support of Conversion’s Technical Lead.
Who You Are
What You Have
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications, but we're looking for the right candidate so don't be shy if you don't check every box
What's in it for you?
Conversion believes that diversity and inclusivity make our teams better, so it is our priority to create an equitable and inclusive workplace where our goals, initiatives, and commitments to action are shaped and strengthened by our team’s voices. Integrity, one of our core values, is about doing what’s best for each other. We take this seriously, and we always strive to do the right thing for everyone who crosses paths with Conversion.