- Lead, develop and support a team of QA Test Engineers across multiple projects, obtaining an expert understanding of how the team and the work fits within the context of the organisation.
- Deliver projects to scope. Ask questions, remove blockers and build connections across the business to move the work along.
- Role model best practice in development Standards, embedding consistent ways of working and processes across your team through documentation, training, development and reviews.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert for your discipline to improving engineering and deployment processes
- Maintain and improve technical documentation (handovers, solution architecture, readmes, code commenting, Jira)
- Discover, define and estimate QA for all new projects, features and change requests on behalf of their discipline.
- Raise opportunities for automation of repetitive QA procedures.
- To help create, thoroughly understand and disseminate the scope of the project and ensure change requests are raised to the product owners when necessary
- Working as part of a remote team
- Leading a team
- Building and managing stakeholder relationships
- Testing large scale solutions with a distributed micro-service architecture
- Testing Relational and NoSQL database systems
- Testing REST APIs
- Automated testing tools such as TestCafe, Selenium, Cypress, BrowserStack, TestRail
- Cross Device & Browser testing
- Testing using postman
- Advanced Cypress, selenium, API testing knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non technical).
- Strong understanding of microservice design principles
- Advanced knowledge of Jira and an understanding of user stories, estimation and status updates on tickets
- Open, honest and direct. Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Prior experience in a Lead Role working with Web, API and Mobile testing
- Testing GRPC and SOAP APIs
- Experience with ensuring TDD/BDD development tests pass
- Experience working with a Continuous Integration/Delivery process.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principles
- GraphQL Testing Experience
- ISTQA / ISTQB Certification
- Experience using Page Speed testing tools such as GTMetrix / WebPageTest
- Experience using Load Test tools such as Gatling or jMeter
- Experience working alongside Android and IOS developers
- Experience with testing common issues with solutions developed on Node, NPM, AngularJS, VueJS, ReactJS
- Previous experience with GitLab and/or experience with any CI/CD platform
- Mobile app test framework experience
- Experience of test case management within the context of Jira
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Profit-based bonus
- Pension scheme
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- Financial childcare support on return to work
- Flexible working
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Lead QA Test Engineer
LUSH Global Digital Ltd
Remote UK / EU
Salary: £55,000 - £75,000
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. What you do counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
Lush is looking for a QA Test Lead Engineer to work remotely from the UK or Europe (with the option to work from selected UK and Europe offices where available). You’ll be working as part of a product-centric engineering team, responsible for designing, building and maintaining both new and existing products and services, including our global commerce platform and in-house till systems.
If you enjoy planning, performing and automating QA tests, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing international brand, then this is the role for you.
As a Lead QA Test Engineer, you’ll be part of a key group of Digital Leads acting as subject matter experts and using your technical expertise to scope and deliver projects, offer strategic input into process improvement, and ensure effective knowledge transfer across your discipline as well as with key stakeholders. You’ll be skilled in asking the right questions, removing blockers and building connections across the business to get things done.
You will contribute towards product development, ensuring the work you deliver is of high quality. You'll work across a range of tools such as Cypress, selenium, API testing and more.
What you’ll need
These aren’t essential, but it would be great if you also had;
What’s it like working for Lush
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support.
You can find out more about Lush Digital here - https://weare.lush.com/lush-life/our-company/we-are-digital/
As we pride ourselves on internal development, priority will be given to candidates who have an in-depth knowledge of Lush coupled with relevant experience and qualifications.
If all this sounds like you, please send us your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be a perfect fit for the role, along with your current salary and expectations.