- for the customers (buyer), such as new features on the e-commerce platform or other customer facing applications (customer journey);
- along the supply chain, such as IoT solutions, tracking solutions, routing optimization or warehouse automation of our 680 warehouses around the globe (supply chain);
- for the interaction with our supply partners, such as automated demand exchange and reordering when stocks changes (supply partner journey).
- Design and development of back-end and front-end applications and microservices using the latest technology to build user-friendly tools while using continuous integration to work towards continuous deployment by writing reusable and maintainable code.
- Ability to develop APIs and RESTful services.
- Improvement and optimization of current applications to enhance customer value, best user experience & performance for example via decreasing the response time, and updating tech stack via new technologies.
- Integrate 3rd party software solutions and aligns with the 3rd part on integration, maintenance and enhancements.
- Write clean and functional code on the front- and back-end and corresponding documentations.
- Provide learnings and feedback to others and guild, how we can improve our applications and simplify codes and ensure system consistency.
- Ensuring cross-platform compatibility and optimization.
- Testing (write and run unit and integration tests) and maintaining the responsive design of applications (including improvement of code quality).
- You have min. 6 years experience in creating user friendly applications for different devices.
- You have experience in MACH Architecture development and design patterns such as clean Architecture and REST.
- You foster real customer centricity and embed real customers into the development.
- You have a Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Information Technology or other relevant degree.
- You worked beforehand already in an agile development set-up.
- You are a problem-solving orientated and not afraid to make mistake.
- You are a master of innovation and can cope with uncertainty and unclear environments.
- You like to work in an open and supportive team culture.
- You are eager to drive business impact and do the things which needs to get done, even if it isn’t part of your role description.
- You have expertise in some of the following areas, such as React, Agular, GraphQL, Headless, Python, Java,, Reactjs/nodejs front-end, PostgreSQL, Elastic, Docker, K8s on AWS, Kafka, SalesForce, Enterprise level software development.
- You have experience in e-commerce (customer journey).
- You have experience in supply chain and IoT solutions (supply chain journey).
- You have experience in supply partner interactions (supply partner journey).
- Unique greenfield environment to drive change in a global business.
- Open space in a vibrant start-up corporate incubator.
- Lots of possibilities for professional development.
- International team.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Competitive compensation package.
Amsterdam - Netherlands
React Job Details
Associate Full Stack Developer
Our team in Amsterdam currently has an opening for a Associate Full Stack Developer
<<<Please enter description>>>
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
With the newly formed digital transformation team Brenntag aims to increase its digital footprint and enhance customer experience from creating an outstanding e-commerce in order to interact with its B2B customers (customer journey) to digitization the whole supply chain network (supply chain journey) up to the seamless interactions with Brenntag’s supply partner (supply partner journey). Become part of the digital journey as a Full Stack Developer for Digital Products.
We are currently looking for multiple Full Stack Developers for all three journeys. Choose your journey of interest and become part of one of many interdisciplinary agile development teams, which develop and implement digital products...
As a Full Stack Developer you create impact by building compelling digital products. Therefore, you will translate customer requirements into functional applications, which allow for easy scaling and adjustments for local requirements in our 77 countries around the globe. Together with your team colleagues you drive the product development from the ideation across the development up to the maintenance. Generate exiting products and ensure the creation of meaningful business impact.
What we expect from you:
Specific experience needed, depending of the journey you are interest in:
What you can expect from us:
<<<Please enter description>>>
We look forward receiving your application.
Brenntag provides equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees of all backgrounds and identities to create a workplace where difference is valued because it forms a resilient and more innovative organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds.