- Lead, develop and support a team of Front End/Web Engineers across multiple projects, obtaining an expert understanding of how the team and the work fits within the context of the organisation.
- Deliver projects to scope. Ask questions, remove blockers and build connections across the business to move the work along.
- Role model best practice in development Standards, embedding consistent ways of working and processes across your team through documentation, training, development and reviews.
- Obtain an expert understanding of how our engineering team fits within the context of the organisation and an understanding of wider Lush operations.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert for your discipline to improving engineering and deployment processes
- Maintain and improve technical documentation (handovers, solution architectures, readmes, code commenting & Jira)
- Discover, define and estimate all new projects, features and change requests on behalf of their discipline.
- Help create, thoroughly understand and disseminate the scope of each project and ensure change requests are raised to the product owners when necessary
- Working as part of a remote team
- Leading a team
- Building and managing stakeholder relationships
- Architecting and delivering large scale solutions with a distributed micro-service architecture
- Developing with public cloud technologies (GCP)
- Designing and delivering applications utilising Relational and NoSQL database systems
- Designing solutions utilising the 12 Factor App and SOLID principles
- Delivering solutions using coding standards and automated code linting
- Architecting & delivering solutions that utilise REST APIs
- Experience using Graphql and typescript
- Advanced Node, NPM, VueJS, and ReactJS knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non technical).
- Strong understanding of microservice design principles
- Advanced knowledge of Jira and an understanding of user stories, estimation and status updates on tickets
- Open, honest and direct. Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Prior experience in a Lead Role working with CSS and JS
- Architecting & delivering solutions that utilise GRPC, APIs
- Experience working with a Continuous Integration/Delivery process.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Experience working alongside Android and IOS developers
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Profit-based bonus
- Pension scheme
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- Financial childcare support on return to work
- Flexible working
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
React Job Details
Lead Web Engineer
LUSH Global Digital Ltd
Remote UK / EU
Salary: £68,000 - £90,000
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
Lush is looking for a Lead Web Engineer to work remotely from the UK or Europe (with the option to work from selected UK and Europe offices where available). You’ll be working as part of a product-centric engineering team, responsible for designing, building and maintaining both new and existing products and services, including our global commerce platform and in-house till systems. If you enjoy coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing international brand, then this is the role for you.
As a Lead Web Engineer, you’ll be part of a key group of Digital Leads acting as subject matter experts and using your technical expertise to scope and deliver projects, offer strategic input into process improvements, and ensure effective knowledge transfer across your discipline as well as with key stakeholders. You’ll be skilled in asking the right questions, removing blockers and building connections across the business to get things done.
You will also contribute towards product development, ensuring the work you and your team deliver is consistently high quality. You'll work across a range of technologies such as CSS, JS, React, Next.js, Node and more.
If you’re someone who can bring experience, ideas and a hands-on can-do attitude, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll need
These aren’t essential, but it would be great if you also had;
Experience with applying TDD/BDD development techniques and ensuring teams adhere to them
What’s it like working for Lush
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve got the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support.
You can find out more about Lush Digital here - https://weare.lush.com/lush-life/our-company/we-are-digital/
As we pride ourselves on internal development, priority will be given to candidates who have an in-depth knowledge of Lush coupled with relevant experience and qualifications.
If all this sounds like you, please send us your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be a perfect fit for the role, along with your current salary and expectations.