- You’ll work with a small team of like-minded Engineers, to build products for Web Summit’s events
- You’ll deliver quality, maintainable code in order to power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll collaborate and learn with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- You'll work closely with technical leadership and product owners to build out new products and features.
- You’ll learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & development process.
- Demonstrable understanding of the React Ecosystem (Context, Hooks, Styled Components,) A similar level of understanding of the Vue JS ecosystem would also be considered.
- Webpack and contemporary build tools and task runners (e.g. Vite)
- Experience of developing component based design systems
- Understanding of micro frontend architecture
- Experience of building CMS driven websites
- Experience of leading projects from conception to completion
- Experience working in Agile teams adopting scrum and kanban methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members
- A positive and inclusive attitude
- BDD and E2E testing
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of container based deployment systems e.g Kubernetes, Docker
Lisbon - Portugal
React Job Details
In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
We’re looking for Senior Frontend engineers to join our product team, and work on critical business tools for our online and offline technology events. Everything from sales acquisition funnels on web/mobile to conversion tracking, and website rebuilds.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
At Web Summit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.