- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering; individuals with proven work experience with a refined portfolio will also be considered.
- Minimum 2+ years of demonstrated experience as a Front-End Developer.
- Proficiency in building responsive websites and web applications for all modern browsers in a responsive, accessible and performant manner.
- Understanding of SASS/SCSS/LESS and other CSS pre-processors.
- Experience with content management systems and content management frameworks (CMS/CMF) primarily PHP-based.
- Sound understanding of tools used to measure and test best practices, S.E.O. and accessibility/usability of work produced such as Google Lighthouse, Google Pagespeed and Website Grader.
- Ability to work collaboratively on large-format projects utilizing source/version control software and package managers such as SVN, Git, NPM and Yarn.
- Track tasks and provide status regarding project using tools such as Trello or Jira
- Understanding of and experience using templating engines and frameworks like Twig, Smarty, Blade
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD in particular).
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to perform quality assurance and thorough testing on work produced
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment.
- Experience with JetBrains IDE such as PHP Storm
- Knowledge and comfort developing on MacOS using tools like Tower, MAMP and CodeKit
- Demonstrated design experience
- Experience with Virtual Machines
Calgary - Canada
React Job Details
Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering; individuals with proven work experience with a refined portfolio will also be considered.
Number of Positions:
At MQ we work on a large array of projects ranging from small websites for start-ups to massive multi-site media platforms for digital publishers. We take pride in our ability to roll out each project with expediency and professionalism regardless of the project size, and we are seeking developers who share our passion for technology, who are both skilled and diligent, and understand that writing, commenting, and testing their code are key components of successful project deployment.
If you’re looking to take on new challenges, expand your skills, opportunities for advancement and professional development, apply now to become a part of the Mobility Quotient team.
Education & Experience
Applications for this position must be submitted to [email protected] with the subject line 'Front End Developer Application"
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a full-service digital agency based in Calgary, Alberta. We provide digital strategy, software development, marketing and design services to innovate and solve the business challenges of our global client base. Operating for over 10 years, our clients come from various industries including automotive, retail, media, publishing, tech and finance.
Our recipe for success is simple: we work diligently with our clients to understand their business needs, challenges and goals. Then we create a best-fit strategy that works within their designated budget and act to enhance their revenue opportunities, accelerate project implementation, curate elegant solutions to complex problems, and most importantly to achieve their goals. We offer our skills and services to businesses who desire progress, efficiency and change.
We design. We code. We build and support digital brands.
Our team has worked on a variety of digital projects, ranging from small WordPress websites for start-up businesses to large-scale, connected digital ecosystems (comprised of massive websites, mobile apps, numerous properties, multiple third-party platforms, and custom-built features) for global digital publishers who serve millions of daily users.
Our notable client base includes two widely known digital publishers which serve millions of daily readers in the United States: A $7 billion-dollar global automotive leader whose executive team required fast-tracked workflow optimization and mobile development, and a New York-based private equity team who relied on MQ for their three largest acquisitions and subsequent profitable turnarounds.
Our technical proficiency, along with our ability to integrate with existing development processes and technologies, is what sets MQ apart from many other agencies. Our commitment, dedication and experience are why management and development teams grow to trust and rely on us to transform their business.
Incorporated in 2009, Mobility Quotient has been helping corporate teams and leaders achieve success through a solution-oriented approach to technology & software development. From their first client in early 2010 to the launch of in-house products like JustBeer, MQ has serviced over 80 clients, worked collaboratively with over five fortune-100 companies and developed multiple websites and apps which currently serves over 75 million monthly users around the world.