- Implementation of Leading Ecommerce Market Trends
- Analysing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Web portals (IIS apps, Azure Fabric micro-services) enhancements
- Work in Agile (Scrum) environment
- You will have experience in web-based software development using C#, asp.net, MVC and SQL
- You will also have the ability to work as part of Agile team, prioritise and work independently.
- On the Technical front you must have web development experience and be proficient in the following areas:
- C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, JQuery, ReactJS
- Knowledge of writing queries in SQL Server & Linq
- Create SOLID, TDD code
- Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of mirco-services will be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in an e-Commerce development team for a leading online business is desired.
Borehamwood, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
Junior Full Stack Developer
Reporting to: Web Development Manager
Base: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 with Flexible working (60% working from home time offered)
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 - the world’s largest provider of experiences. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team at Smartbox UK is now over 160 people and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For for the past two years. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About the role
And now a bit about you
Note: The company office is currently located at Borehamwood. We follow a flexible/hybrid working model, working at 40% / 2 days in the office and the rest of the days remotely.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group (Buyagift Plc and Red Letter Days) to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications, it may not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.