- Every member of our delivery team, driving our ways of working and promoting our principles
- A web testing framework to test and release our global ReactJS app (we’re currently using Cypress)
- A choice of API tools to test our backend microservices
- Spinnaker and Jenkins to build and run our pipelines
- Performance testing - our current tool of choice is Gatling
- A robust native app testing framework to deliver new features to our global apps
- A Quality Assistance program that involves working closely with developers and stops stories being ‘thrown over the fence’
- Peer-to-peer review to improve our code and learn from it
- Experience working with developers in Agile teams – we work with developers, not against them.
- Experience breaking down requirements into acceptance criteria.
- Familiarity with Jira or other similar bug tracking systems.
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity, part of your role will be to identify gaps in our understanding.
- Experience working with Git (we use GitHub) to raise and review pull requests.
- Comfortable with the command line (you don't need to be an expert in Vim, but a lot of our tools run from the terminal).
- 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Private health and dental cover
- GP office visits
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched pension
- Brown bags with guest speakers
- Access to Perkbox
- Dog-friendly office
- Daily breakfast and free snacks
- Free sports and social clubs
- Generous training allowance
- Fast progression
- Leadership-led training
- Regular wellbeing events
- In-house psychotherapist
- Financial coach to help you plan and achieve your goals
- Physical and mental health support through BUPA
- No clock-watching culture
- Generous maternity and paternity plans
- Culture and inclusion representatives
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (required)
Vauxhall, England - United Kingdom
React Job Details
This role pays between £36,750 - £45,250 per annum + discretionary annual bonus
The role is Hybrid with 25% of the time in the office near Vauxhall station. This is calculated quarterly and can be flexible.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to join our growing technology team. A healthy mix of testing, analytical and exploratory skills are key if you want to be part of our cross-functional team of developers, designers, data analysts and product managers. You’ll be part of a whole eco-development-system of building, testing and deploying into production.
Are you looking for a role that challenges you every day? Then we might be right for you. We’re always looking for ways to improve and we actively encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table. Teach us some cool stuff and we'll teach you some, but most importantly, have fun doing it.
We strive to keep up to date with the latest tooling and techniques, so our Test Engineers are constantly learning and developing their skills. Our QA team meet once a week to share ideas and to present our learnings, and technical development is a key factor when it comes to progression. We support people in becoming as T-shaped as they want to be, with some of our Test Engineers regularly picking up work traditionally done by other disciplines.
We like to monitor how our work impacts our users - this is still very much a learning process for us. Within a week, you’ll have an opportunity to support your team in deploying code into production, affecting millions of users globally and making sure they have a high-quality experience with our company.
Our Test Engineers work with:
We are currently the biggest marketplace for credit products in the UK, South Africa and Australia with million of users. We are the first company to facilitate access to credit products using Open Banking data, making credit accessible to users with no credit files or low credit scores. In the UK alone, we have established relationships with over 50 of the main lenders and have been a trusted tool for customers to manage their credit and make better financial decisions.
We were the first business to offer free credit reports. We did so because we are user-centric at our core and believe in leveraging on technology to enable positive financial choices. We are design-led and data-driven and we embed these behaviours in everything we do.
Our company culture is a fundamental part of all we have achieved. We believe in hiring smart, driven, passionate and diverse people who are keen on having a real impact in our organisation. We trust you to manage your own time so we offer flexible work and no fixed desk hours. We don't micromanage and believe in measuring outcomes rather than effort. We have an inclusive culture where all, regardless of seniority, are encouraged to contribute with their ideas, look after their wellbeing and actively seek opportunities for career growth.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Graduate
Salary: £36,750.00-£45,250.00 per year
Reference ID: 10204