- Richmond - Australia
- Job type
This is your chance to make a difference!
We are on the lookout for a highly motivated and talented Web Application Developer (AWS) to develop the next generation of software services that powers several mission critical applications to join the Software Development Team.
If you want to join a place where diverse, smart and passionate people embrace the power of technology to improve social justice outcomes and feel supported to belong and thrive, apply today!
About Infoxchange Group
The Infoxchange Group is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for over 30 years. With over 180 employees across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology. We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve a range of social issues.
Our products and services are used by 25,000 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
And through our work in digital inclusion and social innovation we use technology to empower people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
About the role
This role is permanent, based in Melbourne on a full-time basis, Reporting to the Software Development Team Lead.
- Developing software of a high quality and ensure that projects and tasks are completed within agreed time frames.
- Actively coordinating application development projects and tasks with other team members and stakeholders.
- Creating and maintain project code in accordance with Infoxchange standards.
- Working on both legacy and greenfield applications
- Applying and enhancing automated testing methods.
- Developing necessary project and application documentation.
- Contributing ideas and concepts for applications and application development.
- Reporting regularly to the Software Development Team Leader and take direction from senior team members.
- Upholding and advocating for the values, beliefs, and principles as outlined in the Technical Services Team Manifesto
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 4+ years of back-end development experience, preferably with Python, Django (including Django REST Framework)
- 1+ years working with AWS
- Experience with Restful APIs development
- Experience in web development, preferably with ReactJS or Vue
- 1+ years working with containerised solutions and/or serverless frameworks
- Knowledge of cloud-native application architectures and design patterns
- Experience with serverless data services such as S3, AWS Glue, Athena
- Skilled in, or exposure to, several developer toolchains such as Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, AWS Pipeline, CodeBuild, CodeCommit.
- Experience with Unit Testing, preferably TDD or BDD
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively engage with internal working relationships, customers, and partners.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- High-level of communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
We’re passionate about taking care of our employees, so working with us means that you will get:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Additional leave provisions (Paid parental leave supplement, annual leave loading)
- Health & wellbeing program
- Salary packaging options
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition
- Carbon neutral offices
- Myki discounts
- Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that!
Infoxchange Group is committed to growing teams with diverse skills, abilities, and experiences. We welcome applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people living with disability, people from the LGBTQI+ community, parents and carers.
If you want to come and join a place where diverse, smart and passionate people embrace the power of technology to improve social justice outcomes and feel supported to belong and thrive, apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Referral program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VIC 3121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Back-end development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Australia (Required)